Every new website is an investment, but are you getting a sufficient ROI?
The secret to maximizing your website’s ROI is driving targeted traffic, delivering real value to visitors, and optimizing user engagement. You must follow a number of steps to achieve these three things and maximize your website’s revenue potential.
Streamline Your Website’s Navigation to Reduce Bounce Rates
Keep your website navigation simple. An optimized website navigation allows visitors to move between pages without frustration and quickly find what they need.
Research says that a website has less than 15 seconds to capture a visitor’s attention. So if your visitors can’t find what they are looking for quickly, they will leave.
Your website navigation should be simple, clear, and relevant to your readers. Avoid unfamiliar navigation icons that confuse your web visitors. Stick to what they already know. Here are examples of common icons and their widely-known usage:
- Bell icons indicate notification
- Cart icons for shopping
- Hamburger icons for mobile website menus
People must understand the elements you’ve used to design your website pages. The aim is to get them where they want to be (on your site) in the easiest and least amount of time possible.
Your next challenge is to make readers stay on your website, which brings us to the second point: creating helpful and easy-to-read content.
Read More: How To Increase Website Authority In 90 Days
Ensure Your Website’s Content Is Helpful and Easy to Read To Increase ROI
Your site’s content should match the search intent of your website visitors. It should help them solve the problem that has led them to you. Creating helpful content requires good writing skills, hard work, and accurate prediction of what the potential visitor will want.
Two things will help you create content that resonates with your audience’s needs and increases ROI:
- Define your content’s purpose: Why are you creating specific content on your website? Knowing your end goal upfront ensures the content has a purpose and aims at driving desirable results. Every piece of content you create should support business goals. Defining your purpose is critical. However, it’s meaningless if you don’t understand your target audience.
- Understand your target audience: The more you know about your target audience, the better you can create content that appeals to visitors. Otherwise, your site will linger in the internet’s dark corners where nobody notices it.
You need to get into your audience’s mindset to create content that hooks readers, and to achieve that, you must answer three questions:
- Who are the people visiting your website?
- What problems do they want to solve?
- What terms would they use when looking for your content?
After creating helpful content, you should make it scannable because many people skim-read. Use short paragraphs, descriptive subheadings, and bulleted (or numbered) lists. The goal is to maximize readability, which majorly contributes to your website’s revenue and ROI.
You’ve ensured your content is helpful and easy to read. Now it’s time to open the floodgates of website traffic through search engine optimization.
Drive Traffic to Your Website Through Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
While your website should focus on the human audience, you shouldn’t ignore Google’s immense power. If you do, you’ll miss a great chance to get free traffic to your site and a perfect opportunity to maximize ROI.
Ensure you use relevant keywords on titles, subheadings, text body, and meta descriptions. However, avoid keyword stuffing. It hurts your rankings with search engines and reduces reader engagement because it clutters your content. A keyword density between 1–2% is about right.
Other SEO best practices to implement on your website include:
- Your URLs should be readable to help web visitors understand a page’s content.
- Leverage internal linking. In every piece of content, link to other relevant pages that encourage readers to stay longer on your site.
- Optimize images on your website: Optimize your visual content for SEO by adding alt tags and resizing images for your site to load faster.
Maximizing your website’s revenue requires hard work, strategy, and relentless effort. Focus on the following to make it easy to achieve your revenue target:
- Streamline website navigation
- Create concise and helpful content
- Optimize your website for SEO
Andy Bush is President of Bush Marketing. Contact him today at 416-214-4298 or email@example.com for a discussion about how Bush Marketing can help your website do more for your business.