Social Media Marketing is a curious beast. Here are seven tips for successfully communicating via social media!
- Watch and learn. If you don’t understand social media, don’t just dive in and start. Watch other companies, even your competitors, and see how they communicate with their clients and followers. If you don’t have the time or the inclination to do this, contact us. It’s what we at Bush Marketing do.
- Communicate with people; don’t speak “at” people. The nature of social media is a fluid one, of conversations and sharing and commenting. It is not a one way street of communication.
- Lose the corporate-speak. Social Media is inherently social; it is intended to be light-hearted and fun. Bear in mind that Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, etc. did not start out as marketing tools, but rather ways in which friends and loved ones can keep in touch and display personal content.
- Engage, engage, engage. Do not create a profile page on a social media site and expect people to come running. The best way to get people to develop an interest in you and your business is to show and interest in them and theirs. And one of the best ways to do that is…
- Join groups/follow people & companies. Create conversations. Ask questions. Convey a positive attitude. Keep it light. Get involved.
- Offer something of value. Develop a keen interest in your goods and services by offering them something of value for free, whether it’s a coupon/discount or some valuable tips or information.
- Remember – it’s a marathon, not a sprint. Social Media Marketing is a slow build that requires a lot of time, but the payoff can be tremendous. Lower your expectations for the present and immediate future, and just put one foot in front of the other. You are building something that is a long term commitment.
If you find that Social Media Marketing is something you don’t wish to engage in yourself, please feel free to contact us at Bush Marketing. We will help you determine the best course of action for your company and then build a successful digital marketing campaign for YOU.